pay kindness forward
be the change you want to see in the world
World Peace with Gracious Living & Harmony Regardless of Race, Language or Religion
who we are
“Pay Kindness Forward is a community set up by like-minded people with the intention to better the world with a BIG impact through one person’s SMALL act of kindness”
The formation of Pay Kindness Forward organization is inspired by an American drama film in 2000 directed by “Mimi Leder” known as “Pay It Forward”.
Pay It Forward is about the story of a social studies teacher who gives an assignment to his junior high school class to think of an idea to change the world for the better, then put it into action.
When one young student created a plan “paying forward” favors, he not only affects the life of his struggling single mother, but he sets in motion an unprecedented wave of human kindness, which unbeknown to him has blossomed into a profound phenomenon.
The Sustainable Development Goals are the blueprint to achieve a better and more sustainable future for all.
They address the global challenges we face, including those related to poverty, inequality, climate change, environmental degradation, peace and justice. The 17 goals are all interconnected, and in order to leave no one behind, it is important that we achieve them all by 2030. #envision2030
What are the 17 sustainable development goals?
1. End poverty in all its forms everywhere
2. End hunger, achieve food security and promote sustainable agriculture
3. Ensure healthy lives and ensure well-being for all, at all ages
4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
5. Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls
6. Ensure availability and sustainable management of water and sanitation for all
7. Ensure access to reliable, affordable, sustainable and modern energy for all
8. Promote sustained and inclusive economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
9. Build resilient infrastructure, promote inclusive and sustainable industrialisation and foster innovation
10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
11. Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable
12. Ensure sustainable consumption and production
13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
14. Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas and marine resources for sustainable development
15. Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification and halt and reverse land degradation and biodiversity loss
16. Promote peaceful societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalise the global partnership for sustainable development
Find out more: United Nation Sustainable Goals
sdg high level political forum 14th-16th July 2020
Panel 1 – 14th July 2020 Sustainability
Panel 2 – 15th July 2020 Solidarity
Panel 3 – 16th July 2020 Solutions
The first-ever virtual SDG Media Zone was held on the sidelines of this year’s High-level Political Forum. As governments, civil society, businesses, and other sectors came together to take stock of the Sustainable Development Goals, we brought you expert voices, ideas and solutions for a transformative action for a healthier, more equitable and greener world. Source: UN SDG Media Zone
GOAL 17 IS OUR MAIN FOCUS
In Pay Kindness Forward, we are focusing on Goal 17 of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals by 2030.
There is an African proverb that blend into our hearts and that is –
“If you want to fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.”
We are connecting with like-minded people, not just in Singapore, but reaching out to Asia Pacific and around the globe to work come together as one united team.
We must come together and work hand in hand leveraging each other’s skills, talents, resources and knowledge to solve world’s biggest issues that we are currently facing right now.
We need everyone in a platform that we are building to come up with better solutions to eradicate world’s problems by 2030. Everyone including the Government, civil society, social clubs, religious ministries, scientists, innovators, thinkers, doers, academies, local institutes and most importantly YOU!
We are all in this together. The Agenda, with its 17 goals is universal and calls for action by all countries, both developed countries and developing countries, to ensure no one is left behind.
Learn more about Goal 17 & other goals.